Monday, February 1, 2010

28 wins in 28 days


Happy February!!
In an earlier post, I mentioned that I’d be trying to think of a few month-long challenges to test out my luck. Here is the first of a whole month challenge for the Lady Luck Project..

28 wins in 28 days?
For the 28 days of February ill be getting one $1 instant lottery scratchy every single day to test some random luck. I’m going to attempt to get each scratchy from a different lotteries agent, to spread out my chances. Results will be posted daily (except on weekends where I avoid all computers like they are a bad disease) so stay tuned to see if February is a lucky month. Any other “lucky” activities will still be posted too.

I don’t think ill be instantly rich if I manage to win $20,000 but it will certainly make me and my mortgage balance very very happy.

At the moment there are TWO $1 instant lotteries in circulation.
“Strike it rich” and “Snag the cash” giving me two chances at the $20,000 grand prize. HOWEVER, the lovely people at NSW lotteries have a web site which shows what suburbs the Major prizes were sold in, and when. And the “Snag the cash” game, well she has already been won… This means I’m immediately banning any purchases of the “snag the cash” tickets!!!!

So here is the reality, by this I mean the real world depressing stats of me actually winning.
There are 1,400,000 tickets available for the “strike it rich” comp. (Yikes!!)
To win ANYTHING I have a 1 in 4.8 chance. That doesn’t sound too bad??
98,500 will win a free ticket ,
100,000 will win $2 ,
58,000 will in $4
18,000 will win $6
10,000 will win $8
6,705 will win $10
600 will win $20 (ok getting seriously low now)
23 will win $200 (really? Only 23 people get $200?)
4 will win $2000
And
1 will win $20,000

Which means, 1, 108 167 people will win nothing, nada, squat, diddly, zip…

Guess What?
February 1 2010, I’m one of those 1.1 million losers.
Better luck tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment